latest Post

Games of the Year 2019: Slay the Spire and the joy of spontaneity

Over the festive break we'll be running through our top 20 picks of the year's best games, leading up to the reveal of Eurogamer's game of the year on New Year's Eve. You can find all the pieces published to date here - and thanks for joining us throughout the year!

Most card games are about building decks, permanent decks, to use in every battle, and for a while, I'm totally on board with it. I enthusiastically dream up themes and strategies bigger than 'use the most powerful card' and wonder how anyone will possibly beat me. But it never lasts. A mixture of earning cards too slowly and increasing complexity puts me off, and I check out.

I could go and copy builds online, like everyone else, the cheats, but it bugs me. I like thinking of the strategies myself, it makes me feel fuzzy inside. But I can't keep up with the internet hive mind, so, before long, I fall behind. Then I see everyone trot out the same strategies against me time and time again, and I get cheesed off. What happened to spontaneity?

Read more



from Eurogamer.net https://ift.tt/2tK1SFB
via IFTTT

About shashi pathipaka

shashi pathipaka
Recommended Posts × +

0 comments:

Post a Comment