latest Post

Games that ask: what are cities?

I've been playing and replaying a handful of games recently and I've started to realise that they're all the same game, or rather they all have the same preoccupations, even if they take things in different directions.

They're all city builders. Sort of. Really, I would say they're all games that look at cities and ask: what are they? What do cities do? What forces bring them together and define them? All these games have slightly different answers to these questions.

I've written about some of these games already, but I can't let them go. I love city builders. I love the idea of them anyway. But then I get bogged down, I lose track of the plumbing, I build my power station in the wrong place and everybody moves out because I haven't thought about the police or the fire department.

Read more



from Eurogamer.net http://bit.ly/2HB5MoY
via IFTTT

About shashi pathipaka

shashi pathipaka
Recommended Posts × +

0 comments:

Post a Comment